Contact: Lindsay Kavanaugh or Jennifer Sheda
The Webster County Health Department serves as a resource for individuals and community partners who want to encourage tobacco cessation, reduce exposure to secondhand smoke, and prevent the use of tobacco. Our activities include:
- Promoting Quitline Iowa
- Working with community partners to increase awareness of the harmful effects of tobacco
- Engaging youth to develop and deliver preventative messages to their peers
- Educating school administrators on the benefits of comprehensive tobacco free policies
- Working with local housing property owners/managers to transition to voluntary smoke free housing policies
Tobacco Cessation Program (quitting tobacco use)
Tobacco use is a challenging behavior to change. Individuals who wish to quit may need additional help and support. Quitline Iowa is ready to help!
- Experience a FREE and confidential tobacco cessation program
- Talk to a trained coach who will provide assistance in making an individualized plan and provide the support you need
- Increase the chances of quitting successfully
For more information on Quitline Iowa or if you are ready to quit, please call toll-free at 1-800-QUITNOW (784-8669), visit www.QUITLINEIOWA.org, or contact the Webster County Health Department for enrolling assistance at 515-573-4107.