January 9, 2001
The Board of Supervisor met in Session on the above date with the following members present: O’Farrell, Magnusson, Condon, Peterson and Chairperson Kirkberg. Absent none.
Moved by Magnusson, seconded by O’Farrell to approve minutes of meeting January 2, 2001. Motion carried unanimously.
Moved by O’Farrell, seconded by Peterson to reduce the Webster County Compensation Board Fiscal Year 2002 salary recommendations fifty percent and approve the following salaries for the elected officials for Fiscal Year 2002:
Supervisor, Chairperson $28,356.00
Motion carried unanimously.
Moved by Peterson, seconded by Condon to authorize Chair to sign Quarterly Reporting and Bill for Private Water Well Grant Program for period ending December 31, 2000. (Copy on file in Auditor’s office). Motion carried unanimously.
Moved by Condon, seconded by Magnusson to approve change in starting dates for the following Case Managers: Lisa Burr and Kim Burke, effective January 9, 2001. Motion carried unanimously.
Moved by Magnusson, seconded by O’Farrell to receive and place on file Report of Veteran Affairs Commissioner for period ending December 31, 2000. (Copy on file in Auditor’s office). Motion carried unanimously.
Moved by O’Farrell, seconded by Peterson to adopt the following Resolution:
BE IT RESOLVED by the Board of Supervisors of Webster County, Iowa, that Robert B. Sperry, P.E., the County Engineer of Webster County, Iowa, be and is hereby designated, authorized, and empowered on behalf of the Board of Supervisors of said County to execute the certification of completion of work and final acceptance thereof in accordance with plans and specifications in connection with all Farm-to-Market and federal or state aid construction projects in this county.
Dated at Fort Dodge, Iowa, this 9th day of January, 2001.
Board of Supervisors
Webster County, Iowa
S/Jill L. Kirkberg
S/Floyd A. Magnusson
S/Dennis R. O’Farrell
By: S/Carol Messerly
Motion carried unanimously.
Moved by Peterson, seconded by Condon to approve and authorize Chair to sign the following Agreement:
THIS AGREEMENT was made and entered into by and between The Fort Dodge Airport Commission, City of Fort Dodge, Iowa. Hereinafter called “Sellers”, and Webster County, Iowa, hereinafter called “Buyer”.
WITNESSETH: That Sellers hereby agree to sell and Buyer hereby agrees to buy easement rights for public right-of-way, real estate situated in Webster County, Iowa, designated as Parcels No. 1 & 2 as more fully described on the Acquisition Plats attached hereto, upon the following terms:
1. TOTAL PURCHASE PRICE which Buyer agrees to pay Sellers for the easement constituting said Parces No. 1 & 2 is the sum of $1650.00.
2. OTHER DAMAGES. Buyer agrees to pay to Sellers $100.00 as a lump sum payment for all other special, consequential or severance damages of any nature or extent whatsoever accuring to Sellers and arising out of and connected with the acquisition of said parcels of right-of-way, which damages, if any, are described as follows: ABSTRACT ENTRY FEE $100.00.
3. POSSESSION is the essence of this contract and Buyer may take immediate possession of said parcels of right-of-way upon the execution of this contract by both Sellers and Buyer.
4. PAYMENT FOR EASEMENT. Upon payment of all sums owing by Buyer to Sellers by virtue of this contract in the total amount of $1750.00, for which payment shall be made within thirty days after this contract has been executed by both Seller and Buyer, Sellers shall contemporaneously execute and deliver to Buyer an easement conveying usage rights to said parcels of right-of-way.
5. LIENS. In the event that said parcels of right-of-way are burdened by the lien of a mortgage, judgment or other encumbrance, Sellers agree to fully cooperate with Buyer in securing a release of such lien from said parcel of right-of-way. If necessary and proper, Sellers agree that any part of the sum owing to them under this contract may be paid to the holder of such lien for such release.
Signed this 11th day of Signed this 9th day of
December, 2000 January, 2001
FORT DODGE AIRPORT COMMISSION WEBSTER COUNTY, IOWA
City of Fort Dodge, Iowa
S/Bob Bocken, Chairman S/Jill L. Kirkberg, Chairperson
Board of Supervisors
S/Bill Brokaw, Secretary S/Carol Messerly,
Webster County Auditor
Approval Recommended by:
S/Robert B. Sperry
Webster County Engineer
Motion carried unanimously
Moved by Condon, seconded by Magnusson to approve and authorize Chair to sign Contract Approval with Shuck-Britson, Inc., for final design for Bellville Bridge Replacement over Des Moines River. (Copy on file in Engineer’s Office). Motion carried unanimously.
Bill Doan and Phyllis Stewart updated the Board on the Webster County Museum Association and requested that a modest membership be included in the FY 2002 Budget. No action taken.
At 10:30a.m. a Public Hearing was held on first consideration to rezone 10.43 acres from Agricultural (A-1) to Agricultural (A-2) on a tract of land in the Southwest Quarter of the Southeast Quarter in Section 3, Township 99 North, Range 28 West of the 5th P.M., Webster County, Iowa. No comments or objections were heard. Moved by Magnusson, seconded by O’Farrell to approve first consideration, waive second consideration and to set February 6, 2001 at 10:45a.m. as the time and date for final consideration. Roll call vote: Ayes – Magnusson, O’Farrell, Peterson, Condon and Kirkberg. Nays – none. Motion carried unanimously.
At 10:45a.m. a Public Hearing was held on the second consideration to amend Zoning Ordinance 024 to rezone 10.27 acres from A-2 to C-1 for the purpose of operating a mechanic shop on a tract of land in the Southeast Quarter of Section 2, Township 89 North, Range 29 West of the 5th P.M., Webster County, Iowa. No comments or objections were heard. Moved by O’Farrell, seconded by Peterson to approve second consideration and to set February 6, 2001 at 10:30a.m. as the time and date for final consideration. Roll call vote: Ayes – Magnusson, O’Farrell, Peterson, Condon and Kirkberg. Nays – none. Motion carried unanimously.
Moved and seconded the meeting adjourned.